anonymous (adj): of unknown name; lacking individuality or distinction

apostrophe (n): the direct address of an absent or imaginary person, or of a personified abstraction

anostrophe (n): letters with nowhere to go

Monday, July 21, 2008

get together again, for old time's sake . . .

Dear Larger Version of Annette,

You’ve put on a little extra weight, I am telling you this because I care and also because I miss you. Stop making up excuses. We will both feel better if you just use me. You are fully capable of going for a run, I just can’t comprehend why you wouldn’t and why you don’t. You and I used to be tight, running used to be a fun hobby. Now I hardly see you anymore. Sometimes you open the closet and see me sitting there, I get excited thinking that this will be the day I finally get to run again. Then you close the door and I am left alone in the dark, again. Please, just go for a run for me. I need it, it’s what I was made for and this closet time has started to get to me.

-Your Nike+ running shoes collecting dust in the closet

from What's That Blog

No comments: