anonymous (adj): of unknown name; lacking individuality or distinction

apostrophe (n): the direct address of an absent or imaginary person, or of a personified abstraction

anostrophe (n): letters with nowhere to go

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

so you know this blog has not been forgotten . . .

Dear bed,

What is going on? You have seemed so distant lately and I wish you would tell me why. When we get close at night, you don't seem as soft, you don't welcome me as warmly. Mere days ago, things were perfect between us: you carried me gently to sleep, you were the only place I felt relaxed, you were my sanctuary.

But now, there is something missing. Even when I am with you, I feel so alone. Your blankets don't keep me as warm, they don't wrap around me as tightly. I avoid you as long as possible, until sleep forces me into your arms and even then, it is a loveless embrace.

I have tried to get the spark back. I've touched parts of you I have long neglected. I've tried every position I can conceive of. But nothing seems to work. You lie there physically surrendering to me, but withholding the tenderness that I need. What is stopping you?

It's him, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should get a tempurpedic mattress ;'D
-Avi